To enter the contest, click on ‘Upload Photo’ to submit images
To vote, click on an image and select ‘Vote for this photo’
- Any contestant that is over the age of 18 who holds an interest in neuroscience is welcome to enter the contest
- Use of MBF Bioscience products is not required
- Images that have won previous competitions may not enter
- Submitted images can include but are not limited to:
- 2D and 3D images obtained with any microscopy technique including but not limited to: brightfield, widefield, structured illumination, confocal, electron microscopy, slide scanners, and light sheet microscopy
- fMRI Images
- 3D brain reconstructions
- Paintings or drawings of the brain or neurons
- There are monthly contests (with monthly winners) and an annual grand prize contest. If you participate in a monthly contest you are automatically entered into the annual contest.
- Participants may submit up to 3 images each month
- Images must be submitted by the last day of the month. The announcement of the monthly prize winners will be during the first week of the following month.
- The Grand prize winners will be announced the beginning of January the following year
- There is no purchase requirement for entering or winning the NeuroArt Image Contest
- Entries will be judged on: Original and Creative Content, Technical Proficiency, Artistic and Visual Appearance
- There is a two-step process to determine the monthly winners:
1) Entries will be voted on, where voters pick their favorite images.
2) The top 5 photos for each month will be then passed to the judging panel - where the panel will select the top 2 images based on:
technical proficiency, creative content, artistic and visual appearance.
- All submitted images will be displayed on the NeuroArt website, on MBF Bioscience website, and email and social media channels.
- The Judging panel is selected by MBF Bioscience. Announcements of prize winners are final.
For an acceptable submission to NeuroArt please include:
- Brief image description, including the technique used
- Caption/Title of image
- Contact information
Monthly Winners Awarded each Month:
- 1st Place: $250 toward MBF Bioscience equipment purchase
- 2nd Place: $100 toward MBF Bioscience equipment
Grand Prize Winners Awarded Annually:
- 1st Place: $3000 toward MBF Bioscience product purchase
- 2nd Place: $2000 toward MBF Bioscience product purchase
- 3rd Place: $1000 toward MBF Bioscience product purchase
Honorable mention: $500 toward MBF Bioscience purchase
Submitted images will be displayed on the NeuroArt website the MBF Bioscience website and social media channels.
- When submitting images, the contestant must fill out the online form on the website with the correct contact information and details of the way the images were captured.
- Participants must verify that their images follow the outlined rules of NeuroArt, contestant is over 18 years of age, and owns the full rights to the selected images that are to be submitted.
- Top 5 images for each month chosen by number of votes
- Monthly and Grand Prize winners are chosen by the judging panel
Annual Grand Prize Winners are chosen by a Judging Panel:
The Judging panel includes scientists and artists.